We are pleased to announce that the bloomWatch app is now live and available for download in the Apple App store and the Google Play store! Through bloomWatch you will be able to help track cyanobacteria blooms with your smart phone. Using the app, you will be able to enter relevant information about the body of water, as well as take pictures of the bloom. Any pictures you take will be uploaded to CitSci project. Through the app, there will be an option to notify your state department. This is part of an initiative to increase public engagement with identifying these blooms so that they can be properly and effectively monitored. Please note that the app saves the information for each body of water, so if you return at a later date you will need to update a few of your answers.Get bloomWatch on iOS Get bloomWatch on Android
Subscribe to the CMC Blog
- New W.H.O. Cyanotoxin Guideline Values and Guidance for Assessing Risks of Occurrence at Concentrations Relevant for Human Health | Ingrid Chorus
- Presentations and Discussion Sessions | Cyanobacteria Monitoring Collaborative 2021 Mini-Conference
- Taxonomic Workshops on Harmful Cyanobacteria | Cyanobacteria Monitoring Collaborative 2021 Mini-Conference
- Cyanobacteria Monitoring Collaborative Mini-conference | virtual event | March 23-24, 2021
- A survey on cyanobacterial bloom notifications: what works, what doesn’t work, and what could be better?