“Hilary Snook is the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency program lead for a project called the Cyanobacteria Monitoring Collaborative, which works with citizen scientists and trained water professionals to identify and monitor cyanobacteria—photosynthesizing bacteria that can impact water quality—in bodies of water. Reports from locals in their area are crucial to their mission, Snook says.”
Subscribe to the CMC Blog
- Plenary Roundtable Discussion: Regional Cyanobacteria Perspectives, Issues, and Opportunities
- What Are Cyanobacteria and Why Should You Care?
- Cyanobacteria Monitoring Conference Attracts Concerned Stakeholders
- Cyanobacteria Monitoring Collaborative in 2020: bloomWatch, DataViz, & Opportunities | Hilary Snook
- Interstate Technology & Regulatory Council Harmful Cyanos Bloom Team | Angela Shambaugh